How to Handle a Dog Who Has Swallowed a Foreign Object

Commonly Swallowed Objects

Socks are the most frequent item, followed by underwear, pantyhose, rocks, balls, corn cobs, bones, hair ties etc.

First Aid for Swallowed Objects

If your veterinarian recommends inducing vomiting in the veterinary office, call them right away.

Process 1

In some cases, they could advise you to induce vomiting at home (not recommended without the guidance of a veterinarian).

Process 2

The thing will have passed through the intestines within two hours, and vomiting will not assist.

Process 3

Feed a substantial meal of dry food to aid stones or other heavy items go out. Food also activates the digestive juices.

Take special precaution if your dog takes the following items:

Sharp Objects, Metal Objects Like Coins or Batteries or String.

Symptoms

Vomiting, diarrhoea, loss of energy, loss of appetite, inability to keep food or drink down, retching, swollen stomach, hunching etc.

How to Prevent Your Puppy From Swallowing a Foreign Object

Pick dog-safe toys that can't be chewed into tiny pieces and keep an eye on them.

Thank you for getting all info about the "How to Handle a Dog Who Has Swallowed a Foreign Object".

Swipe up for the "Celebrities Who Love Anime"